Tuesday 21 March 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind

 

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's topic is a rewind, so we can choose to do or re-do a topic from a previous work. I've decided to go with ten new-to-me authors I've discovered recently(ish) and want to read more from. (I last made a list like this in 2016, so it's definitely time for an update!) These are listed in reverse order of when I read them.

1. Douglas Skelton (An Honourable Thief)

2. J. L. Carr (How Steeple Sinderby Wanderers Won the FA Cup)

3. Paul Gallico (Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris)

4. Eloise Jarvis McGraw  (Mara, Daughter of the Nile)

5. Alan Jacobs (The Pleasures of Reading in an Age of Distraction)

6. Stacey Halls (Mrs England)

7. Helen MacInnes (The Salzburg Connection)

8. Carrie Kablean (What Kitty Did Next)

9. Elizabeth Peters (Crocodile on the Sandbank)

10. Unnatural Causes (Richard Shepherd)

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. I like the Mrs. England book, great list!!

    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2023/03/top-ten-tuesday-rewindfavorite.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these authors yet, but I'm glad you found them and hope you get to read more from them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend really likes Stacey Halls' books, I really need to get around to reading them at some point, I have both The Familiars and The Foundling sitting on my shelves waiting to be read!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2023/03/21/top-ten-tuesday-412/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Amelia Peabody series. It's so fun! The Pleasures of Reading book sounds like a great one as well.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you love all the books by these authors!

    ReplyDelete