Thursday 5 January 2017

Books I'm Looking Forward to Reading This Year

I'm not very good at sticking to reading lists, but this is partly because I tend to list books that I feel I ought to read, because I've had them for a long time or whatever other reason, rather than ones I really want to read. While I'm still hoping to make a significant dent in my TBR pile and to read some important books this year, I thought for now I'd make a list of some of the books that I am currently excited about reading. Most of them are ones I already own, but there's a few I'll have to either buy or get from the library.


2982309825794830205873903
 
Agnes Grey by Anne Brontë
The Shadow Things by Jennifer Freitag
Sylvia's Lovers by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis
Graustark by George Barr McCutcheon
Jane of Lantern Hill by L.M. Montgomery
Further Chronicles of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
North Side of the Tree by Maggie Prince
The Lord Peter Wimsey series by Dorothy Sayers
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
Forged in the Fire by Ann Turnbull
Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
Once by various authors

19289272781025035254479
 
I'm also intending to make re-reading more of a priority, since only three of the books I read in 2016 were re-reads and I would like it to be a few more than that this year, especially as my "to-re-read" list grows ever longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment