Monday 1 August 2016

Monthly Recap: July


# Books Read in July: 9

Books Read in July:
Gatty's Tale by Kevin Crossley-Holland (****)
Rivals of the Chalet School by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer (***+)
Practically Perfect by Hilary McKay (***+)
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (*****) (Classics Club)
Poems of John Milton, selected and edited by Claire Tomalin (****)
Surprised by Oxford by Carolyn Weber (****)
Miriam by Mesu Andrews (***)

Love, Nina by Nina Stibbe (****)
A Cathedral Courtship by Kate Douglas Wiggin (****+)

Best Read this Month: To Kill a Mockingbird

Non-Review Posts:
Top Ten Tuesday: Books With Under 2000 Goodreads Ratings
Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Bookish Facts About Me
Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside the US and UK
Six in Six (Mid-Year Review)
Happy Birthday, Emily Brontë!

Currently Reading:
Lark Rise to Candleford by Flora Thompson
Brooklyn by Colm Tóibín
Chronicle of a Last Summer by Yasmine El Rashidi
Monks-Hood by Ellis Peters

What I Intend to Read Next:
Five Magic Spindles by various authors
Plenilune by Jennifer Freitag
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I'd also like to reread some books next month - I have a long list of books I want to read again but tend to get distracted by new books! So I'm hoping to make time for some rereads this summer.

This is a scheduled post, since I'm currently away, so the list of books read is not 100% final. I'll update it if I end up finishing anything else in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment